Personal Data Protection Policy
Changi Cove Pte Ltd (“Changi Cove”) respects the privacy rights of individuals. We strive to ensure that your Personal Data is secure and protected. The purpose of this Policy is to help you understand how we collect, use and safeguard personal data. This Policy is in compliance with Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
1. Personal Data
In order to serve you better and address your needs, Changi Cove may have to request for your Personal Data. This may include but is not limited to your name, gender, date of birth, mailing address, work address, email, enquiries, telephone number(s), fax number, credit card information, account information, NRIC, passport number, service and product preferences, type of event activities. The information may be collected via the forms you have used to submit to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
2. Collection of Personal Data
Changi Cove may collect Personal Data in the following ways but are not limited to the following:
– When you visit our website;
– When you email or submit an enquiry form or other forms relating to any of our services or information of our services;
– When you are making a reservation;
– When you are staying at Changi Cove;
– When you are using our services and products;
– When we attain your information from other third parties who do business with us (E.g. Travel Agents, Airlines);
– When you indicate your preferences or special requests over the phone, email or in person;
– When you are making financial transactions with the hotel;
– When your information is captured by our closed-circuit television systems (CCTV);
– When you subscribe to our newsletter;
– When you establish any online accounts with us;
– When you request to be on our mailing list;
– When you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service officers;
– When you apply for a job with us;
– When you attend interviews with us;
– When you respond to any of our promotions, marketing initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data.
3. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of your Personal Data
Changi Cove may use your Personal Data for the purposes below:
– Identifying your identity;
– Responding to your requests and enquiries;
– Providing services to manage your relationship with us such as managing the reservations of hotel rooms, and meeting facilities and other guest facilitation services;
– Handle and complete financial transactions;
– Inform you of any promotional activities, contests, competitions and marketing information of products and services offered by Changi Cove including and not limited to: Hotel Rooms, Meeting Rooms. Food & Beverage, Special Events via email, mobile, message or phone;
– Complying with applicable laws, regulations, code of practices, guidelines or rules or as to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory;
– Conducting any investigations relating to any potential disputes, complaints, billing or fraud;
– Attaining feedback and reviews of guest satisfaction level for services provided by Changi Cove
– Any other purposes for which you provided the information for.
The purposes listed in the above clauses, may continue to apply in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or change in any way, for a reasonable period.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
Changi Cove does not sell nor trade your Personal Data. Changi Cove will take responsible steps to protect your Personal Data against any unauthorized disclosure. We may disclose your information to affiliates or third parties for the following purposes (when applicable):
– Delivery of services at your request that requires sharing or disclosure of Personal Data. For example, when providing assistance to make reservation with a restaurant by your request or assistance to book a flight;
– Compliance with any legal, law enforcement and regulatory requirements;
– During any emergency or for security concerns including but not limited to admission to hospital or police investigation;
– Authorized third-party service providers in contract with Changi Cove, requiring your Personal Data to perform transactions successfully such as credit card/debit card processing; analytical or management services, database management.
Our third-party service providers and affiliates have the responsibility to comply with Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and we urge our partners to adhere to strict compliance to ensure that your Personal Data is secure and protected. However, we are not liable for their omission or failure to comply when handling your Personal Data.
5. Accuracy of Data Collected
We believe that the information that you have provided to us is accurate and complete however personal data may change frequently e.g. mobile numbers. Do contact us as soon as possible for us to update any personal data we have about you. See below for contact information.
6. Protection and Storage of Personal Data
We strive to ensure that your Personal Data is protected in the following ways but are not limited to the following:
– Appointing a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee the management of personal data in accordance with PDPA;
–Changi Cove Management is committed to ensure the data protection policies are practiced at every level of the hotel;
– Each staff is communicated to on the importance of Personal Data Protection and trained to uphold the confidentiality of personal data and privacy;
– Ensure personal data are placed on secured computer systems and for confidential paper documents to be kept locked and in secured places to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure;
– Changi Cove will cease to retain your personal data when (1) we are no longer require it for the original purpose it was asked for or (2) it is not necessary for any business or legal purpose;
– Constantly reviewing platforms and processes to enhance personal data protection.
7. Transfers of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
We strive to ensure that for any transfer of personal data to countries outside of Singapore, we will ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at minimally comparable to those provided by PDPA.
8. Access to Personal Data
If you would like to access any of your personal data that have been kept by us, please contact us for assistance. You will need to verify your identity and specify the data you require. There may be a reasonable fee required to cover the cost of the process of attaining the data requested. If the personal data requested requires extensive work, Changi Cove will advise the estimated cost and/or work with you to be more defined in the search. If Changi Cove deems that any provision of access is unreasonable and/or is unable to release the information, the DPO will inform you in writing.
A cookie is a unique identifier and a small text file located in your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. It does not reveal your Personal Data but remembers you to facilitate your access to our website and personalize your online experience with us. Cookies can be disabled via your Internet web browser but this may cause delay or even disrupt your experience when browsing or making bookings via our website.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mailing in to the address below:
To Data Protection Officer
351 Cranwell Road
For any request to update your personal data or to withdraw consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please allow us reasonable time to process the change. The DPO will inform in writing on the request status.
11. Updates to Personal Data Protection Policy
We are constantly reviewing and improving our personal data processes and may update the policy from time to time without any prior notice. By continuing to use our services means you accept and acknowledge the changes.
This Policy was last updated on 1 July 2019.